May 12, 2022 at 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM
|Provider||New York State AGD Learning Center|
|Speaker||Dr. Analia Veitz-Keenan|
Dental Management of Medically Complex patients may present a challenge for dental practitioners for diverse reasons. Although dentistry is represented as low risk for adverse events and complications, select medical complexities require specific dental management and modifications to avoid unwanted side effects.
The New York AGD Learning Center Presents
"Risk Assessment for Medically Complex Patients – What all dentists need to know"
Date: Thursday, May 12, 2022
Course 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Course Code: 754
2 MCE Credit Hours
Presentation by: Dr. Analia Veitz-Keenan
Dr. Veitz-Keenan is a practicing general dentist and an AGD member, she holds the position of Clinical Professor in the Department of Oral Maxillofacial Pathology, Radiology and Medicine and is currently the Director of Evidence-Based Dentistry in the Department of Epidemiology and Health Promotion at NYU College of Dentistry where she teaches to undergraduate and post-graduate students, as well as coordinates and teaches activities for faculty. She presently teaches and is the director of the course: Care of the Medically Complex Patients. Dr. Veitz-Keenan lectures in several national and international dental meetings and published many articles in national and international journals.
Course Goals and Objectives
The lecture will ask the audience to participate and will present cases promoting anonymous but meaningful interaction using free of charge polling systems.
The participants will be able to:
• Identify the patient for whom additional data is required to accurately assess medical risk, based on the health, medication history and examination.
• Understand what information is necessary to arrive at a medical risk assessment and develop a plan which includes appropriate management strategies minimizing the risk for adverse systemic or oral outcomes.
• Review the current Antibiotic Prophylaxis guidelines from the American Heart Association, the American Academy of Orthopedist Surgeons, and the American Dental Association.
• Understand how to interpret selected laboratory data and how they will impact dental care
• Be familiar with the relevant pharmacotherapeutics used in the management of common medical problems and its impact on oral/dental disease and therapy.
• Be acquainted with the Evidence-Based Dentistry (EBD) language and make evidence-based decisions.
**Members must login by using their six-digit AGD number and the password is nysagd.**
**Non-Members can login as guest.**
The New York State constituent of the Academy of General Dentistry is an approved program provider. The sponsor’s formal CDE programs are acceptable by the AGD for Fellowship and Mastership and membership maintenance credit. This course is also acceptable for MCE Licensing Maintenance. The current term of approval extends from 01/01/21 to 12/31/22. AGD Code #219318.
Cancellation Policy - If your cancellation is at least 48 hours in advance of the class, you will receive a full refund. If your cancellation is less than 48 hours in advance, we will not be able to issue a refund.